Thursday, July 22, 2010

Work hard to play hard!

In thanks for our efforts the last few months at work, our program threw a BBQ at Progress Park today. All of the managers grilled hamburgers and beer brats and Rachel coordinated tons of fun activities for the kids (and adults, too!). They launched rockets, played tug of war, had a water-balloon toss contest, and of course, water fights!


Layne popped a water balloon on himself
My favorite round of tug-of-war was the Systems group (right) versus the Space group (left). We were horribly out-numbered (as my boss would say-- Space is always over-mass!) and fell hard to the space segment folks. I think we should've tried our hands at the ground segment; I'm pretty sure we would've won!


Space segment (L) vs Systems (R) Tug of War
The evening ended with a water fight. It started out innocent with little water guns, but quickly grew to water bottles, buckets, and coolers of ice. I'm pretty sure I got my boss more soaked than he got me, so I consider that a good day! Seriously, how often do you get to have a water fight with your boss? Despite the occasionally long hours, our group has a pretty great dynamic!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment