Thursday, July 8, 2010

Cold Day in July

My quick one-day work trip to Cali wasn't weather-wise what I had expected for mid-July. It was actually cold!

I can't believe that in all my time living in CA that I had never heard of "June Gloom" until this week. Apparently, desert air pulls in cool air from Alaska causing a smog-like appearance of clouds called the marine layer. All this time, I had chalked up the gloomy clouds to smog, but perhaps it was this so-called June Gloom I had always seen.

After enjoying an early dinner of blackened avocado halibut on the ocean, the clouds had burned off and we enjoyed a few minutes of blue skies before having to head back to CO. Despite being cold, taking in the fresh ocean breeze sure beat sitting in a cube all day.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment