Friday, July 16, 2010

It's a small world afterall!

After a week alone with the girls, I left them with their wonderful sitters, Mark and DeAnna and took off for Minnesota. I met Mike, who flew from San Diego, at DIA where we took the quick 2-hour flight to Minneapolis. It's quite often I'm reminded of how small this world really is and Thursday was no exception. Who do I see boarding the same aircraft in Denver as us? Mark Wilson: a friend from college who now lives in Sunnyvale, CA. He and his girlfriend were flying home to MN for the weekend as well. Neither of us had any idea we were both going back home.


Family at Lambeau Cottage in Green Bay, WI
After arriving to my parents home very late, we went immediately to bed (2:30 am) as we were going to be up and on the road bright-and-early the next day. We stopped in WI Rapids to have a nice lunch with Grandpa. Grandpa had never had lasagna, so my mom made her delicious lasagna recipe with hot breadsticks. It was yummy! After lunch, we picked up dad's parents and headed to Green Bay.


Dave and I on the shores of Green Bay

After checking into our hotel, we got cleaned up and headed to the shores of Green Bay for my cousin, Jenny's rehearsal. Her and her to-be-husband met not far from the Lambeau Cottage where their wedding would take place. After 9 years of courtship, they were both pretty excited to tie the knot! It was a beautiful location and despite the evening heat beating down, the rehearsal went well.


Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Dave
We made sure to take a few family photos in this beautiful setting before heading to a local bar and grill for the rehearsal dinner. The burgers were fantastic and the company wasn't too shabby either! :)


Grandma and Grandpa with the bride-to-be
We ended the night with play-time in the hotel pool. As most of you know, Dave and I have always enjoyed goofing off together at pools. Tonight was no different. We played water-basketball with my dad where I think we spent an hour trying to each make full-court shots!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment