Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lambeau Field!

The morning of the wedding, we joined my parents in touring Lambeau Field. While Dave and I had taken this tour a few years ago when we were in town for a friends wedding, my parents had never taken the official tour.

We really enjoyed the tour guides stories, the few from the luxury box seats, and were impressed at the waiting list for season passes. They say the average turnover is 70 people a year, and the waiting list is over 80,000 people. You can will your tickets, so it's often several generations later when someone finally gets season tickets. And no, Favre leaving didn't change this. They had a 3,000 person increase just last year alone! I cannot imagine waiting a lifetime for tickets.

My favorite part of the tour is walking through the players tunnel. They pipe in the stadium crowd and the jock-jams song as you take the same steps each Packer takes each Sunday. It gives you chills! [and I suppose on many winter Sundays, it does for the players, too!]

We took pictures down on the field and we even touched the grass. Of course, we also chanted "Go Pack Go!" as a group. I just love the Green Bay Packers!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment