Friday, April 20, 2012

Kyle's First Birthday Party - Part I

September 2012 update: For all of those who have contacted me wanting me to make items for their party... my Etsy shop is now open!  Have these (or similar or custom) items made for you!  Shop here.

Thought I would post pictures from Kyle's first birthday party.  Our good friend (and amazing photographer), Charity, was kind enough to capture his special day for us. 


Homemade Owl Cupcakes (Carrot Cake flavored to tie in Easter-- get it, bunnies eat carrots?)

The owl cake my mom made-- yes, she's amazing.  And no, she won't make you a cake.

Owl Nests

Kyle's picture of the month hung from the ceiling.  The backs have his likes and dislikes from that month.

Homemade owl lanterns.  Thank you, Pinterest.

The welcome sign outside our door.  Kyle's speech bubble says "Thanks for coming to my party.  Have a hoot!"

More decorations




The birthday banner I made as well as the food spread.  Each food had a woodsy/owl themed name to it attached to a clothespin.  Many of the foods are on wooden logs or in forest-themed containers.

The favors table.  Owl cookies decorated by my mom and boxes of smores with labels that say "Take Home S'more Fun!"

It's not a party with tons (50!) balloons.

We had each guest sign a page in a book for him.
 

Water bottles decorated by yours truly.

An example item from the buffet.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. i would like to know what you named your food to go along with the owl theme. please help!
    -jana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's a few of the ones I did: grass clippings (spinach dip), twigs (pretzel sticks), owl nests, rabbit cabbage (lettuce), mice crackers (rice crackers/rusk for babies), bark (chips), black forest ham, deer meat (venison), etc. Hope that helps!

      Delete