Tuesday, January 26, 2010

SQUIRREL!

I've been working insane hours recently and as such, I have been missing out on some pretty entertaining happenings in the Shoemaker household. Sidenote: when I say entertaining, you must place it through the livin-the-Shoemaker-suburban-life- filter. Saturday afternoon while I was at work, Dave and the girls were playing in the backyard. Along came Ephram the Squirrel. Ephram apparently did not enjoy the two unusually large sized Squirrels (ok, so a 50lb squirrel would be more than a little unusual) chasing him, so he did what he was taught best and "kept to the high branches." He climbed to the top of one of our trees and began to bawk at our girls. I've never heard of a squirrel making loud noises, so it's good that my husband captured video of the event or I may not have bought this story. I guess the girls were pretty amused as this whole charade continued for well over a half hour. Sequoia, smart as they come, decided to use her front legs to shake the tree hoping Mr. Squirrel would tumble.

As you can see, it gets pretty exciting around here. [Still bummed to be missing these fun times].

No comments:

Post a Comment