Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day!

I went all homemaker crafty for V day this year. Ok, so honestly, we've never celebrated V day before since we show eachother our love year-round but I got inspired this year.

I made a three layer heart shaped ice cream cake for Dave (thanks Marisa for the idea!). It was two layers of German chocolate cake with a middle layer of peanut butter ice cream packed with butterfingers and covered in homemade vanilla frosting. With only one heart pan and every thing from scratch, it was quite the undertaking. But it was soooo yummy and for a price tag of $5, it can't be beat!

For a heartfelt gift, I converted a $3 Ikea frame and a piece of scrapbook paper into a dry erase marker memo board. It says "I love you because..." and allows us to complete the sentence with dry erase makers. Dave and I have always left shower notes for eachother and I thought this was a cute way of doing the same without the finger prints on our shower doors.

I just love simple little DIY projects like this!






No comments:

Post a Comment